Senior Product Manager – Sequencing
As the Senior Product Manager - Sequencing you will leverage your technical experience and coordinate with the Marketing and Commercial teams to develop deep insights into the market for the product
This role presents an opportunity for an experienced Product Manager in the life science industry to apply your skills and experience across a broad range of sequencing solutions.
As the Senior Product Manager – Sequencing you will leverage your technical experience and coordinate with the Marketing and Commercial teams to develop deep insights into the market for the product, develop pricing and market positioning strategies and plans for product entry/placement and development. This position includes responsibilities which cover the “four Ps”: Product, Place, Promotion and Price. These elements are crucial to help understand what our current and future sequencing offerings can offer and how to plan and execute on successful offerings.
- Understand and clearly document each offering features & benefits including the unique selling proposition of the product.
- Identify, understand and document the potential market segments and size of each offering, including the perceived (customer) value of each offering. Drive the analysis and monitoring of the market including competitor landscape, market dynamics and customer segments.
- Collaborate with Finance and other Commercial teams to develop pricing strategies maximizing each offering’s business value by analyzing market data, production and sales costs and forecasting customer demand.
- Coordinate cross-functional teams to implement strategic product action plans and detailed roadmaps. Work cross-functionally to lead the setting of goals and timelines, assign actions, track budgets and undertake project planning.
- Collaborate with customer facing teams to develop and maintain a deep understanding of the “user experience” and customer requirements.
- Work with the Marketing and broader Commercial team to outline clear placement and communication strategies for each offering. These may include advertising, sales promotions, special offers and public relations, taking into account which channels are most suitable for each offering.
- Provide the Commercial Marketing and Sales teams the source information and materials to enable the generation of high quality sales collateral and other marketing materials
- Brief and engage senior management on the product vision, investment priorities and any road map status as appropriate
- Become the product champion of the sequencing offerings
Required Education and Experience:
- At least 10 years of product management experience working within the sequencing industry
- Bachelor’s degree in informatics, bioinformatics, genetics or other life science advantageous
- Experience working within the research & development organizations in the pharmaceutical industry advantageous
- Ability to build trust quickly, influence and inspire others, especially leadership
- Ability to effectively communicate value proposition and technical information to a range of customer and internal audiences required
- Commercial awareness, interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Excellent communication, presentation, planning and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to negotiate and liaise with stakeholders across the organization
- The willingness to take risks and fail fast
- Adaptable and flexible approach to work
EEO Policy Statement: It is the policy of Genuity Science™ to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Genuity Science™ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.