Senior Accountant – Consolidations
Genuity Science is seeking a Senior Accountant - Consolidations with an in-depth understanding of monthly consolidation and reporting processes and external reporting requirements in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, and US tax laws.
Genuity Science is seeking a Senior Accountant – Consolidations to manage all aspects of the monthly consolidation process, including producing monthly consolidated financial statements, managing US tax compliance, and assisting with a variety of other general accounting duties to maintain the general ledger, subledgers and other fiscal records. The successful candidate will possess an in-depth understanding of monthly reporting processes and external reporting requirements in accordance with US GAAP, IFRS, and US tax laws.
- Manage the preparation of the monthly consolidation with multiple domestic and international subsidiary general ledgers in accordance with US GAAP to ensure accurate and timely reporting.
- Review and document intercompany transactions and accounting controls to ensure proper elimination of intercompany transactions upon consolidation.
- Perform continuous assessment of the consolidation close process and implement controls to improve consistency and accuracy of the reported results.
- Create and distribute the monthly consolidated financial package to senior leadership and investors.
- Liaise with foreign subsidiaries/accounting bureaus on monthly reporting and compliance with US GAAP.
- Create and maintain reports provided to external auditors.
- Interpret reports and records for managers and stakeholders.
- Ensure that relevant controls are in place and operational in accordance with internal policies and procedures and Sarbanes Oxley.
- Maintain and update group accounting policies.
- Manage US tax compliance processes.
- Assist finance leadership with treasury functions.
- Provide ad-hoc analyses and participate on cross-functional teams.
- Perform other finance and accounting duties as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent.
- Minimum 6 years of accounting experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of US GAAP and IFRS reporting requirements.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Experience with US tax compliance highly desirable.
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software a plus.
EEO Policy Statement: It is the policy of Genuity Science to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Genuity Science will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.