The Genuity Artificial Intelligence Research Institute is seeking a highly motivated Machine Learning Engineer to help pioneer the use of generative and supervised AI/ML in the biomedical sciences. The candidate will work on establishing scalable AI/ML pipelines that will be used to analyze data generated from secondary/tertiary analysis to better understand disease etiology, identify novel drug targets, and discover biomarkers for use in precision medicine.
Given the multi-disciplinary nature of the position, strong collaboration and communication skills are expected.
• M.Sc. in Engineering, Computational Statistics, Computer Science, Biostatistics, Bioinformatics, or related field with a minimum of 4-years of related industry and/or academic experience
• Experience in machine learning, deep learning, statistical methodology, predictive modeling and algorithm development
• Advanced programming skills with fluency in at least Python and/or R, with extensive experience using modern machine learning and deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Edward, sklearn, caret, etc.)
• Comfortable within a Linux operating system and associated shell commands.
• Proven ability to design and code production grade machine AI/ML applications, along with a strong ability to visualize ‘big data’
• Ability to work on high-performance computing system and manage cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS) with experience working with GPUs
• Ability to address the requirements of the research team and develop new solutions, algorithms, and pipelines to facilitate discovery.
• Ph.D. and postdoctoral training in Engineering, Computational Statistics, Computer Science, or another related field
• Understanding of modern genomics analysis including RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, DNA methylation, variant analysis, etc.
• Development and application of digital pathology and natural language processing algorithms
• Experience developing scalable production grade software.
• Up-to-date knowledge of the fast-moving AI/ML literatureApply
EEO Policy Statement: It is the policy of Genuity Science to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Genuity Science will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.