Head/Director Cohort Commercialization
The successful candidate will demonstrate eminence in the field of genomics / precision medicine and actively contribute to Genuity’s growth trajectory.
Biopharma companies are challenged with turning advancements in genomics into better therapies and improved health. By providing custom disease cohorts of deeply phenotyped patients combined with Whole Genome Sequencing, as well as the GORdb platform and analysis suite plus cutting-edge AI, we enable our clients to accelerate their drug discovery and development programs. As a Director of Cohort Commercialization, you will leverage your trusted relationships with senior biopharmaceutical R&D executives to drive the identification, scoping and negotiation of large strategic cohort deals. The successful candidate will demonstrate eminence in the field of genomics / precision medicine and actively contribute to Genuity’s growth trajectory.
- Identifies and prioritizes potential commercial opportunities related to providing custom disease cohorts for the purpose of large scale multi-omic studies (cohort opportunities)
- Leads commercial aspects of cohort deals, including negotiation and client management resulting in multiyear, multimillion-dollar deals
- Collaborates with R&D leaders to help prioritize sample collection from disease areas of interest that align with client priorities
- Works closely with scientific leadership to define the research plan, aligning with client objectives and attainable samples/data
- Drives decision-making through the deal process, making presentations and recommendations to the client team and senior management
- Develops and recommends proposed deal structures and financial terms
- Leads negotiations of term sheets and contracts, working closely with Legal, Finance and Commercial Leadership
- Presents regularly as a speaker or panel chair at external meetings, thus furthering the reputation of in the precision medicine/population genomics arena
- Prepares and presents quarterly business review
- Travel may be required up to 70%
Required Education and Experience
- BA/BS degree in a science-related field or equivalent related education and experience, plus moderate experience in either oncology or genomics
- 7+ years of experience in pharmaceutical business development, conducting asset evaluations, licensing opportunities.
- Proven track record of closing multi-year, multi-million dollar deals with biopharma customers
- Understanding of the drug development process, especially regarding opportunities for differentiation and value demonstration
- Strong commercial instincts and fluency with business analytics and valuation methodologies
- Previous experience navigating complex, matrixed organizations from outside
- Strong executive presence with superb communications skills
- Energetic, result-driven, self-starter with a strong executive presence, collaborative mindset, and ability to think strategically and analytically
- Outstanding oral and written communication, interpersonal, influence and negotiation skills
- Strongly results-driven, has a passion for precision medicine, is an enthusiastic and experienced cross-functional collaborator.
- Passionate about the advancements that population genomics will bring to our understanding of biology and ability to develop novel therapies
- Intellectual curiosity to quickly develop a deep understanding of offerings and the value they bring to clients
- Adept at achieving results through cross-functional collaboration within and across organizations
- Flexible to accommodate multiple cultures and working styles
- Committed to being present, working face to face and collaboratively with clients and internal stakeholders, and also proficient in meeting and presenting remotely
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in Biology, Genomics or Life Sciences preferred
- Consulting experience preferred
- Professional experience with Pharma ecosystem (especially with Business Development) preferred
EEO Policy Statement: It is the policy of Genuity Science™ to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Genuity Science™ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.