This role presents an opportunity for an experienced accounting manager to apply their skills and experience to a global life science company.
As the Corporate Controller you will be responsible for the accounting operations of the company, including financial reporting, accounting records maintenance, and implementation of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk. This individual will improve the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results and ensuring that reported results comply with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) or International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS). Additional responsibilities will include managing the Annual Global Financial Audit, coordinating global tax Provisions and statutory submissions, and supporting the SVP, Finance in preparing for a potential future liquidity event. The ideal candidate will have exceptional accounting skills and recent Big 4 accounting experience, and be action-oriented and flexible to adjust to a growing organization.
- Implement, maintain, and monitor an effective internal control environment for a company of this size and scope, while providing a foundation for scalable growth.
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures.
- Ensure successful conversion to IFRS 15 and 16 and ASC 606.
- Oversee the production of financial reports, ensuring that the reported results comply with GAAP or IFRS.
- Maintain accurate data in Intacct/Account IQ such that we can allow Anaplan to serve as single source of financial truth for analysis and reporting. Merge financial information and operational metrics by collaborating with department heads to manage their functional areas in the Anaplan system.
- Oversee the operations of the accounting staff, which include accounts payable, accounts receivable, bank reconciliations, and payroll.
- Run an efficient financial closing period by automating processes and reducing manual journal entries. Record journal entries in Account IQ and Intacct.
- Provide comprehensive financial updates to senior management by evaluating, analyzing, and reporting appropriate data points.
- Monitor and confirms financial condition by conducting audits and providing information to external auditors, including coordinating and managing the annual audit process.
- Work closely with FP&A staff, validating all externally reported financial results, scripts, and investor relations information.
- Effectively manage accounting staff by recruiting, training, developing, and evaluating employees.
- Responsible for all required SEC filings upon a liquidity event. Support SVP, Finance in collecting all quarterly and annual representations from Executive Leadership and the Business Development Team.
- Support the SVP of Finance and the CEO in any aspects of due diligence for any potential merger and acquisition opportunities or debt offerings.
- Ensure compliance with global, federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, anticipating future legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, filing financial reports, and advising management on needed actions.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Support SVP, Finance in all aspects relating to the Treasury function.
- Perform other related duties as necessary or assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
- BA/BS in Accounting, Finance, or related; additional Master’s degree and/or CPA strongly preferred.
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience in a senior-level accounting role; Manager level or above in public accounting required.
- Significant experience with SEC financial reporting requirements required.
- Experience leading and managing accounting staff required; experience managing global accounting staff highly desirable.
- Proven knowledge of finance law and regulatory standards (GAAP, IFRS).
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and self-motivation to be accountable to deliverables and deadlines.
- Strong understanding of economic, legal, and banking processes.
- Significant experience working in a multinational company, with significant revenue recognition experience in ACS 606 and/or IFRS 15.
- Proven experience using and maintaining financial systems/applications preferable with a process improvement mindset.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (particularly Excel) with experience in Anaplan, Account IQ and Intacct a plus.
EEO Policy Statement: It is the policy of Genuity Science™ to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Genuity Science™ will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.