We are seeking a Bayesian Statistician to help pioneer the use of Bayesian Statistics, Causal Inference, and Probabilistic Programming.
The Advanced Artificial Intelligence Research Laboratory (GAIRI) at Genuity Science is seeking a highly motivated Bayesian Statistician to help pioneer the use of Bayesian Statistics, Causal Inference, and Probabilistic Programming in the biomedical sciences. The candidate will work closely with other members of Computational Statistics team at GAIRI to develop statistical machine learning methods to discover novel causal relationships within high-dimensional biomedical datasets to better understand disease etiology, identify novel drug targets, and discover biomarkers for use in precision medicine.
Given the multi-disciplinary nature of the position, strong collaboration and communication skills are expected.
- M.Sc. in Statistics, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, or related closely field with a minimum of 3 years of related industry and/or academic experience.
- Extensive experience in statistics (both Bayesian and non-Bayesian), statistical methodology, probabilistic programming, structural causal modeling, statistical machine learning, and data analysis.
- Advanced programming skills with fluency in at least Python and/or R, with extensive experience using modern machine learning libraries (scikit-learn, caret, etc.).
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate and communicate complex results to individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Team oriented and highly collaborative (with both our academic and industry partners) with strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to address the requirements of the research team and develop new solutions, algorithms, and pipelines to facilitate biomedical discovery.
- Ph.D. and postdoctoral training inStatistics, Biostatistics, Applied Mathematics, or related closely field with a minimum of 3 years of related industry or academic experience.
- Extensive experience in modern genomics analysis, including RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, DNA methylation, variant analysis, etc.
- Advanced programming skills with fluency in at least Python and R, with extensive experience using modern machine learning and deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Edward, scikit-learn, caret, etc.).
- Up-to-date knowledge of the fast-moving AI/ML literature.
EEO Policy Statement: It is the policy of Genuity Science to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Genuity Science will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.