Genuity Science is seeking a detail-oriented and organized Accountant to perform a variety of general accounting duties.
Genuity Science is seeking an Accountant to perform a variety of general accounting duties to assist the Finance department in maintaining the general ledger, subledgers and other fiscal records. The successful candidate will possess strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Prepare journal entries in our accounting system, Sage Intacct, and monthly balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare bank reconciliations and investigate discrepancies.
- Participate in month-end, quarter-end and year-end closings and general ledger account analysis.
- Process payroll through third-party provider, including verifying finished product.
- Maintain records for vacation accruals, bonuses, and commissions.
- Prepare treasury and cash journal entries.
- Manage credit cards, accruals, and/or purchase orders (POs) accounts.
- Maintain cost of goods sold (COGS) account for subcontractors, internal/external laboratories.
- Manage Accounts Receivable and collections.
- Assist in internal control improvements.
- Perform other finance and accounting functions as needed.
Required Education and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
- Good MS Excel skills.
- Highly detail-oriented and organized.
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees.
- Payroll experience preferred.
- Experience with Sage Intacct accounting software desirable.
EEO Policy Statement: It is the policy of Genuity Science to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Genuity Science will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.