Sr. Manager/Associate Director, Computer Vision
The Genuity Artificial Intelligence Research Institute (GAIRI) at Genuity Science is seeking a highly motivated leader of our Computer Vision function to help pioneer the use of generative and supervised AI/ML in the biomedical sciences. The candidate will manage a small team and work on data generated from clinical pipelines and use AI/ML, computer vision, and other statistical genomics approaches to analyze various large-scale image and omics data sets to better understand disease etiology, identify novel drug targets, and discover biomarkers for use in precision medicine.
Given the multi-disciplinary nature of the position, strong collaboration and communication skills are expected.
- M.Sc. in Engineering, Computational Statistics, Computer Science, Data Science, or related field with a minimum of 4-years of related industry and/or academic experience
- Minimum of 2 years of industry and/or academic research laboratory management experience
- Experience in computer vision, CNNs, machine learning, deep learning, statistical methodology, predictive modeling and algorithm development
- Advanced programming skills with fluency in at least Python and/or R, with extensive experience using modern machine learning and deep learning libraries (TensorFlow, PyTorch, openCV, Edward, sklearn, caret, etc.)
- Proven ability to design and code production grade machine AI/ML applications, along with a strong ability to visualize ‘big data’
- Ability to work on high-performance computing system and manage cloud computing environments (e.g. AWS) with experience working with GPUs
- Strong communication and presentation skills with the ability to translate and communicate results to individuals of diverse backgrounds
- Ph.D. and postdoctoral training in Computer Vision, Computer Graphics, Image Processing, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computational Statistics, or related field
- Understanding of modern genomics analysis including RNA-seq, single cell RNA-seq, DNA methylation, variant analysis, etc.
- Working knowledge of biology (oncology, immunology, autoimmunity, etc.) and experience in drug target identification
- Up-to-date knowledge of the fast-moving AI/ML literature
EEO Policy Statement: It is the policy of Genuity Science to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Genuity Science will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.